By Allen J. Frantzen
- Reveals very important hyperlinks among significant options of the Anglo-Saxon interval and matters we expect approximately today
- Reveals how fabric culture—the heritage of work, drugs, expertise, identification, masculinity, intercourse, nutrients, land use—is as very important because the heritage of ideas
- Offers a richly theorized strategy that intersects with many disciplines inside and out of medieval studies
Read or Download Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
The version of Poesy is among the most enjoyable literary discoveries of modern years. A manuscript treatise on poetics written by way of William Scott in 1599, on the finish of the main innovative decade in English literary historical past, it contains wealthy discussions of the works of Sidney, Spenser, Shakespeare and their contemporaries.
By way of the early center a while vernacular aristocratic traditions of heroic narration have been firmly confirmed in Western and northerly Europe. even supposing there are local, linguistic and formal ameliorations, you can still discover a few similarities. Oral literature disseminates various subject matters which are shared by way of narratives in so much elements of the continent.
Exploring medieval literary representations of the Islamic conquest of Spain in 711, Hazbun discusses chronicles, epic and clerical poetry, and early old novels. whereas fabric at the conquest of Spain is enormous, it truly is understudied and this publication works to fill that gap.
This assortment presents a scientific survey of the vast readership the works of Godfrey of Viterbo loved within the overdue center a long time. within the final years of the 12th century this chronicler and imperial notary wrote a sequence of old collections that won massive and lasting acceptance: among the 13th and 15th centuries, his works have been copied in problematic manuscripts in just about all of Latin Europe.
- Prose Unseens for A-Level Latin: A Guide through Roman History
- Reading Chaucer After Auschwitz: Sovereign Power and Bare Life (The New Middle Ages)
- Latin Epics of the New Testament: Juvencus, Sedulius, Arator
- Sin and Filth in Medieval Culture: The Devil in the Latrine (Routledge Studies in Medieval Literature and Culture)
- Lemmata: Beiträge zum Gedenken an Christos Theodoridis (German Edition)
- The Attic Orators (Oxford Readings in Classical Studies)
Additional resources for Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)
Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) by Allen J. Frantzen