By Nicholas D Spencer
Man lubricates in general with oil. Nature lubricates solely with water. natural water is a terrible lubricant, however the addition of proteins, specifically glycoproteins, can adjust surfaces to lead them to way more lubricating at sluggish speeds. figuring out how nature does this, and the actual buildings concerned, is not just vital for the knowledge of illnesses similar to osteoarthritis, but additionally crucial for the profitable software of articulating implants, similar to hips and knees, in addition to the advance of scientific units akin to catheters and make contact with lenses. a bunch of significant purposes of water-based lubrication are already in position within the own care and nutrition industries, and extra commercial purposes of water-based lubrication can have an important confident influence at the environment.
This e-book is the 1st of its style. It brings jointly the newest study in organic and biomimetic, water-based lubrication and is authored through the world's specialists within the field.
- Tribology of common Articular Joints (Rowena Crockett)
- Sticky and Slippery: Interfacial Forces of Mucin and Mucus Gels (Seunghwan Lee)
- Aqueous Lubrication and nutrition Emulsions (Jason R Stokes)
- Aqueous Lubrication in Cosmetics (Gustavo S Luengo, Anthony Galliano and Claude Dubief)
- Hydrogel Friction and Lubrication (Jian Liu and Jian Ping Gong)
- Aqueous Lubrication with Polymer Brushes (Suzanne Giasson and Nicholas D Spencer)
- Water-Like Lubrication of difficult Contacts via Polyhydric Alcohols (Jean Michel Martin and Maria Isabel De Barros-Bouchet)
- Aqueous Lubrication of Ceramics (Mitjan Kalin)
Readership: educational and business tribologists, fabrics scientists, biomechanics execs, and physicists and chemists with an curiosity in tribology.
Read Online or Download Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
This e-book is a follow-up to Ivins Olefin Metathesis, (Academic Press, 1983). Bringing the traditional textual content within the box brand new, this moment variation is end result of the quick progress within the box, sparked through the invention of various well-defined steel carbene complexes that may act as very effective initiators of every kind of olefin metathesis response, together with ring-closing metathesis of acyclic dienes, enynes, and dienynes; ring-opening metathesis polymerizationof cycloalkenes, acyclic diene metathesis polymerization; and polymerization of alkynes, in addition to basic olefin metathesis.
Machining strategies play an incredible function within the manufacture of a large choice of elements. whereas the procedures required for steel parts are well-established, they can't regularly be utilized to composite fabrics, which as an alternative require new and leading edge recommendations. Machining expertise for composite fabrics offers an in depth assessment and research of either conventional and non-traditional tools of machining for various composite fabrics.
Instruction manual of Odors in Plastic fabrics, moment variation, analyzes the explanations in the back of undesirable smell formation and the tools for combating it. The publication covers the basics of scent formation and its shipping inside a fabric, the connection among scent and toxicity, and seventeen tools of smell removing.
This e-book covers every little thing in regards to the mode of motion, software and attainable uncomfortable side effects of crucial coatings ingredients - in one quantity, offered in a textbook type. It displays the wishes of useful paintings hence it permits the reader to speedily achieve a high-quality grounding in those serious, but complicated ingredients of all paint formulations.
- Bleach Plant Effluents from the Pulp and Paper Industry (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Detergents - Classification, Formulation, Components, Enzymes, evaluation
- Phenolic Resins: A Century of Progress
- Fashion Retail Supply Chain Management: A Systems Optimization Approach (Communications in Cybernetics, Systems Science and Engineering)
- Hybrid Polymer Composite Materials: Applications (Composites Science and Engineering)
Extra info for Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series)
Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) by Nicholas D Spencer