By S'Pore Economics Society of S'Pore,Donald Low
Analysts of presidency have usually famous how Singapore's rules are grounded in rigorous economics pondering. guidelines are designed to be economically effective no matter if they aren't constantly renowned. This pioneering e-book takes a special process. It goals to illustrate how profitable rules in Singapore have built-in traditional fiscal ideas with insights from the rising box of behavioural economics even earlier than the latter turned renowned. utilizing examples from a variety of coverage domain names, it indicates how reliable coverage layout frequently calls for a synthesis of insights from economics and psychology. guidelines aren't purely be appropriate with monetary incentives, yet also needs to be delicate to the cognitive skills, obstacles and biases of voters. Written by means of coverage practitioners within the Singapore govt, this ebook is a vital creation to how behavioural economics and the findings from cognitive psychology could be intelligently utilized to the layout of public rules. As one of many few books written at the topic, it delivers to stimulate wider curiosity within the topic between researchers, policymakers and someone attracted to the layout of powerful public policies.
- Cognition, selection and coverage layout (Donald LOW)
- Key rules in Behavioural Economics — and What They suggest for coverage layout (KOH Tsin Yen)
- Incentives, Norms and Public coverage (Charmaine TAN and Donald LOW)
- A Behavioural point of view to dealing with traffic jam in Singapore (LEONG Wai Yan and LEW Yii Der)
- Can Psychology keep the Planet and increase our surroundings (Philip ONG)
- Promoting pageant in electrical energy Retail: Insights from Behavioural Economics (Eugene TOH and Vivienne LOW)
- Discretionary Transfers: supplying economic help in a Behaviourally appropriate approach (Pamela QIU and TAN Li San)
- Using Behavioural Insights to enhance person well-being judgements (Lavinia LOW and YEE Yiling)
- A Behavioural View on Designing Singapore's nationwide Annuity Scheme (Donald LOW)
- Behavioural Economics, coverage research, and the layout of Regulatory Reform (Jack KNETSCH)
Readership: Policymakers, researchers and common readers with curiosity in policymaking in Singapore — with regards to behavioural fiscal theories.
Read or Download Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
The ways that someone (the topic) pertains to and perceives people (his or her 'objects') has regularly been a preoccupation of psychoanalysis and lately a plethora of ideas has grown up within the literature. during this ground-breaking examine, Meir Perlow units out to elucidate the altering meanings of different suggestions from context to context, discussing extensive the theoretical concerns underlying them.
No description to be had
We see the face of the Virgin Mary staring up at us from a grilled cheese sandwich and promote the uneaten component of our meal for $37,000 on eBay. whereas technology deals a wealth of rational motives for traditional phenomena, we regularly wish to include the fantasies that reassured our far-off ancestors.
The Cognitive Sciences: An Interdisciplinary procedure, moment variation deals an interesting, thorough creation to the cognitive sciences. Authors Carolyn Sobel and Paul Li research the old and modern concerns and examine findings of the middle cognitive technological know-how disciplines: cognitive psychology, neuroscience, man made intelligence, linguistics, evolutionary psychology, and philosophy.
- Humanistic and Transpersonal Psychology: A Historical and Biographical Sourcebook (Schools of Psychological Thought)
- Theories of Mood and Cognition: A User's Guidebook
- Friday's Laws: How To Become Normal When You're Not And How To Stay Normal When You Are
- Cognitive Load Theory: 1 (Explorations in the Learning Sciences, Instructional Systems and Performance Technologies)
Extra resources for Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore
Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore by S'Pore Economics Society of S'Pore,Donald Low