By V. F. Gantmakher,Y. B. Levinson
The choice and association of the fabric is in a kind to organize the reader to cause independently and to deal simply as independently with to be had theoretical effects and experimental information. the topics handled comprise:
- digital delivery conception in response to the test-particle and correlation-function techniques;
- scattering by means of phonons, impurities, surfaces, magnons, dislocations, electron-electron scattering and electron temperature;
- two-phonon scattering, spin-flip scattering, scattering in degenerate and many-band types.
Read or Download Carrier Scattering in Metals and Semiconductors (Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences) PDF
Best solid-state physics books
The examine of nonlinear localized excitations is a long-standing problem for examine in simple and utilized technological know-how, in addition to engineering, as a result of their value in figuring out and predicting phenomena bobbing up in nonlinear and complicated platforms, but in addition as a result of their capability for the improvement and layout of novel purposes.
This textbook is an entire and transparent creation to the sector of crystallography. It comprises an in depth dialogue at the 14 Bravais lattices and their reciprocals, the fundamental innovations of element- and space-group symmetry, the crystal constitution of parts and binary compounds, and lots more and plenty extra. the aim of this textbook is to demonstrate instead of describe "using many phrases" the constitution of fabrics.
This up to date variation of a extensively trendy textual content offers a effortless creation to the sphere that calls for merely regimen arithmetic. The booklet begins with the weather of fluid mechanics and warmth move, and covers quite a lot of purposes from fibrous insulation and catalytic reactors to geological strata, nuclear waste disposal, geothermal reservoirs, and the garage of heat-generating fabrics.
Bent-Shaped Liquid Crystals: constructions and actual houses presents perception into the most recent advancements within the learn on liquid crystals shaped by means of bent-shaped mesogens. After a historic creation, the professional authors talk about other forms of mesophase buildings shaped by way of bent-shaped molecules.
- Continuum Models and Discrete Systems: Proceedings of the NATO ARW, Shoresh, Israel, from 30 June to 4 July 2003 (Nato Science Series II:)
- Nanoscale Liquid Interfaces: Wetting, Patterning and Force Microscopy at the Molecular Scale
- Superionic Solids And Solid Electrolytes Recent Trends (Materials Science and Technology Series)
- Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers
Additional resources for Carrier Scattering in Metals and Semiconductors (Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences)
Carrier Scattering in Metals and Semiconductors (Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences) by V. F. Gantmakher,Y. B. Levinson